Gear Up for a Healthy & Happy Summer:
Below you will find some links for finding some fun, family-friendly activities that you can do in the summer and quick-n-easy healthy meals/snacks that you can prepare with ease.
A recipe you might like to try is: Ellie's All-Day Breakfast Salad By Ellie Krieger, MS, RD
Ellie's All-Day Breakfast Salad:
- 4 slices Canadian bacon (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups lightly packed)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook the Canadian bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the skillet and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Top with the tomatoes, eggs, Canadian bacon, and parsley, and serve.
Enjoy your Summer!!!!!!