Updates for LSVA (August 23, 2021)
We are happy to announce that course enrollments are now starting! If your child enrolled via their local school office, he/she should receive a notification that they’ve been added to Canvas (LSVA teacher) or GenNet (some of our electives). The emails will contain instructions for your child. Along with that, the teacher will send a welcome email to your student with additional information. This will occur anywhere from Monday-Friday next week.
If you have any questions about the course, please email that teacher. If you have any other questions, please reach out to me via email, and I can answer any questions or direct you to someone who can.
Thanks for choosing LSVA, and I look forward to a great school year,
The Lake Superior Virtual Academy is a FREE K-12 Virtual School operated by the Gogebic-Ontonagon Intermediate School District in collaboration with our six local school districts and GenNet Online Learning.
If you are interested in becoming an LSVA teacher, please click here.
- LSVA Virtual Courses allow students to participate in all school athletics and activities at the school the student is registered at when the student takes a minimum of four credit earning courses per day (ex.: all virtual courses or a mixture of virtual and face-to-face).
- LSVA Virtual Courses provide all GOISD K-12 students equal access to a quality K-12 education regardless of where the student lives in the Western U.P.
- LSVA Virtual Courses provide the same academic course access that is currently enjoyed by students throughout the entire state of Michigan.
- Students are able to take LSVA Virtual Courses at school, safely at home, and anywhere with Wifi access.
- LSVA Virtual Courses will benefit: All students in public schools, Home school students, Students with illness or disabilities, Students needing Credit Recovery, High Achieving and Gifted students.