The Lake Superior Virtual Academy is a FREE K-12 Virtual School operated by the Gogebic-Ontonagon Intermediate School District in collaboration with our six local school districts and GenNet Online Learning.
If you are interested in becoming an LSVA teacher, please click here.
- LSVA Virtual Courses allow students to participate in all school athletics and activities at the school the student is registered at when the student takes a minimum of four credit earning courses per day (ex.: all virtual courses or a mixture of virtual and face-to-face).
- LSVA Virtual Courses provide all GOISD K-12 students equal access to a quality K-12 education regardless of where the student lives in the Western U.P.
- LSVA Virtual Courses provide the same academic course access that is currently enjoyed by students throughout the entire state of Michigan.
- Students are able to take LSVA Virtual Courses at school, safely at home, and anywhere with Wifi access.
- LSVA Virtual Courses will benefit: All students in public schools, Home school students, Students with illness or disabilities, Students needing Credit Recovery, High Achieving and Gifted students.